Today’s customers recognize that IP infrastructure will eventually become the norm in the broadcast facility as compression gets better, networks get larger and products get less expensive. While this shift will ultimately drive cost savings, the transition period will undoubtedly present challenges.
Selenio™ MCP3 is a next-generation, modular solution that presents an all-new approach to networking and signal processing in this converging baseband/broadband arena. The industry’s first integrated media convergence platform, Selenio combines traditional baseband video and audio processing, compression and IP networking features — all in a single, space-saving 3RU frame. An intuitive, web-based GUI enables effortless configuration and effective troubleshooting for superior operational efficiency.
Now you can manage baseband and IP intelligently and efficiently. Reduce cabling and simplify your broadcast infrastructure. Deftly juggle multiple compression standards, video/audio signals, encoding formats. Get all the functionality you need to run your business today — and a clear, cost-effective growth path to whatever is on your horizon.
Every shipment of the Selenio frame includes the following
- A controller for interface to control networks (with an option for data networks)
- Two genlock reference looping inputs utilizing standard BNC connectors
- Built-in, browser-based management system (no software required) that incorporates support for rich interactive features through Microsoft® Silverlight®
- A General Purpose Interface (GPI)-Two GPI inputs and outputs are provided on a multi-pin type connector
- Power Supply -Each frame includes one energy-efficient, 80 Plus Gold-certified power supply that will power a fully loaded frame
Selenio options include a second power supply and a second controller for redundancy, as well as a local control panel.
- Combined IP and baseband sub-networks in a single platform
- Video processing, advanced audio processing, compression and multiplexing in a single, flexible platform with intuitive graphical management tools
- Dual-channel baseband modules provide 28 channels of high-density baseband video processing, including up-, down-, and cross-conversion and synchronization
- Advanced audio processing capabilities, including integrated Dolby® E, Dolby® Digital, AAC, AAC-HE, MPEG audio and DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix, DownMix and DTS Neural Loudness Control
- Audio and video multiplexing and demultiplexing for compressed streams
- MPEG-2 and H.264 compression standards are supported from SD and HD to 3 Gb/s and mobile
- Support for up to 14 independent, single-slot modules with internal connectivity
- 3 Gb/s baseband connections to/from each module
- 1 Gb/s data connection to/from each module
- Independent control network to/from each module
- Integrated, seamless signal redundancy with full redundant configurations across processing, compression and routing for critical broadcast paths
- Inputs/outputs include analog video/audio, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, AES audio (balanced, unbalanced), fiber optics, Ethernet for control and IP video, ASI and serial data
- Hot-swappable front and back modules, and controllers
- Standard support for thumbnails, customizable alarms and MPEG-4 streaming
- Two external reference genlock loops; high-performance passive loop-through inputs
- Support for two hot-swappable, redundant AC or DC power supplies — each independently able to handle the complete frame power load (650W)
- Integral fan cooling with front-to-back primary airflow; designed to support full load at 40° C ambient with no thermal stacking limitations
- Direct Ethernet connectivity (1000Base-T for control/monitoring, 1000Base-T for data) to the frame with optional redundancy
- A variety of control methods to suit every operational environment: Magellan™ Control Panels, Magellan CCS™, local control panel