The OP+AVT/OP+AVR modules provide professional broadcast quality transport of multiple analog audio and video signals over a single fiber optic interface. These modules are capable of transporting up to eight analog video channels and 64 analog audio channels over this fiber interface, using an innovative daisy-chain design to maximize the fiber optic bandwidth. Occupying two slots within the 6800+ frame, this solution allows for up to 20 independent analog video signals and 80 analog audio channels in a single 2RU frame.
Since the analog video is not decoded, phase information is kept intact, allowing applications such as black burst transport over long distances for genlock purposes.
The OP+AVT/OP+AVR modules support up to one video and four audio channels, while the OP+AVT+2/OP+AVR+2 modules support up to two video and eight audio channels. As well, an electrical only expansion version of the OP+AVT+2 (OP+AVT+EXP) and the OP+AVR+2 (OP+AVR+EXP) can be used along with an initial optical version to create a daisy-chained configuration, capable of supporting up to eight video and 64 audio channels on a single optical channel.
Fiber optic transmitters are available in both 1310 nm (FP laser) and the 16 CWDM (DFB laser) wavelengths. Fiber optic receivers are available in both PIN (standard) and APD (high sensitivity) options, allowing for in-building, campus or metro distance applications.
This module can be controlled manually via card-edge controls or remotely using either CCS™ Pilot or Navigator, third-party SNMP-based control applications, HTTP web browser (with QXF-series frames only) or NUCLEUS™ control panels.
- One fiber input: either single- or multi-mode
- Available with PIN or high-sensitivity APD receiver options
- Up to two composite video outputs (NTSC, PAL-B, PAL-M)
- Up to eight balanced analog audio outputs
- Electrical-only expansion module allow for daisy-chaining of up to eight receive modules
- Occupies two slots in the 2RU FR6802+QXFE 6800+ frame or the standalone FR6800+MB 6800+ Mix Box
- HTTP control via Ethernet-equipped 6800+ 2RU frames
- Optional CCS Navigator applications for remote Ethernet PC-based status monitoring and control
- Standard SC/PC-type fiber optic connector
- Optional FC/PC-type or ST/PC-type fiber optic connector