The Shotbox module provides an extremely visual playback tool that is ideal for control of scoreboard content in an arena environment or for manual playback in any broadcast environment. Each Shotbox module can control up to 16 different Nexio playout channels.
Featuring seamless integration with Nexio® MediaBase, Shotbox allows for instant playback of server content with a single click. On-the-fly stacking of a second ID in the queue enables the second clip to play seamlessly the minute the currently loaded clip ends. With Shotbox, up to five playlists can be created for simple playback of a group of clips, and an unlimited number of playlists can be saved and loaded for later use. The module also allows for simultaneous playback of up to four playlists or individual pieces of media.
With large buttons allowing for use of a touchscreen monitor rather than a keyboard and mouse, training is a snap. And touchscreen operation makes this module an ideal option anywhere desk real estate is at a premium.
As well as being included with each PPC system, the Shotbox module can be purchased as a standalone, software-only package (NXA1000SBX) to be installed on a customer-supplied PC. The purchase of a full turnkey PPC system is not required if only Shotbox functionality is desired.
Fast Replay Module
The Fast Replay module is the perfect tool for creating fast replays, with slow-motion playback, from multiple camera angles in a live-event environment. The module enables monitoring of up to four camera angles (provided via Nexio record channels), and playback from up to four Nexio playout channels. With up to four Fast Replay modules able to run simultaneously on a single system, the PPC enables operators to monitor a total of 16 camera angles and control 16 Nexio playout channels.
With Fast Replay, the operator can create marks from one or all of the records and play them back instantly, or add them to a highlight bank for playback later. Since all camera angles are being continuously recorded, it’s easy to go back and mark a key play for later use — even if you miss a play. Virtually the entire workflow can be run from an external control surface (currently DNF), allowing plays to be marked on one or all angles, and slow-motion playback of one or all angles.
Highlight banks can be shared among up to four Fast Replay module operators, allowing for a dynamic, collaborative workflow.
- 16-channels of playout control
- Crash record capabilities
- Support for subclipping, trimming and deleting
- Integration with Jog/Shuttle/T-Bar controller
- Avid® iNews® newsroom computer system interface with live updates
- Clip Sync/protect dual roll (Key/Fill, HD and SD, etc.)
- Instant clip looping without a playlist
- Fast-Cue technology to quickly jump to specific timecodes in long clips
- Live updates to Nexio® MediaBase™ clip list
- Multi-bank storing and fast recall of pointers — allowing user to mark key points in long records and quickly go to those points
- Nonlinear playback — allowing playlist order to be adjusted on the fly
- Clip stacking — allowing a second clip to be cued behind the clip being played
- Focus routing — automatic router switching for monitoring when switching channels
- Full router control (eight routers @ 1024x1024 cross points each)
- Tally status from production switcher
- Configurable colors and labels throughout, allowing the user to create a custom interface to meet their specific needs
- More than 30 configurable shortcut keys