The APM6803+T is a multichannel audio processing module for managing loudness and surround sound audio streams.
Featuring DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix, DownMix and MultiMerge and DTS Neural Loudness Control, the APM6803+ delivers unparalleled audio processing capabilities; with loudness management processing that delivers a natural, open quality not found in traditional multiband compression technology. Flexible user-defined workflows and intelligent metadata handling ensure that the right processing is applied at the right time, allowing broadcasters to meet regulations while preserving the artistic integrity of the content.
The APM6803+T is an audio processing system on a card and can be configured to support a wide variety of multichannel applications. Dual Dolby® encoders and decoders can be enabled, allowing the APM6803+T to interface to virtually any type of signal. The APM6803+T also boast a feature-rich audio/video frame synchronizer with mono channel routing for embedding and de-embedding. With eight discrete AES inputs and eight discrete AES outputs, the APM6803+T enables any combination of AES and embedded SDI audio input and output to be easily achieved.
Imagine products for real time loudness control using DTS Neural Loudness Control technology provides signal handling for all worldwide recommendations for loudness measurement.
Audio Processing System (APS)
At the core of the APM6803+ lies a powerful and flexible signal processing engine which consists of two high end Digital Signal Processers (DSP) as well as custom built hardware to process multiple channels of audio. Functions are added purely through software keys with no plug-ins required, making the system easy to expand and future proof against increasing requirements. The diagram above shows all of the possible processing blocks. Availability of each block will depend on processor utilization. The chart below lists the requirements for each function. The numbers reflect the utilization for a single DSP. There are two DSPs on the APM6803+.
Virtual Stream Interface
A virtual stream interface greatly simplifies configuration, hiding the complexity of the underlying system and making it possible to create a high-level, processing-intensive signal flow with just a few mouse clicks. Managing audio at the “stream” level, rather than having to manage individual channels, makes configuration easier, quicker and less error-prone. Virtual streams unleash the full processing power of the APM6803+ without bogging down the user with complicated routing and configuration menus.
Flexible, Dynamic Licensing
The Audio Processing System is highly configurable and can support a wide range of Dolby* and DTS processing blocks. Software key licenses are required to enable individual Dolby* encoders and decoders. For DTS functions, a flexible token system has been designed to allow users to change the type of processing without purchasing additional licenses. All licenses are field upgradeable, enabling users to start with a minimal setup and grow the system as requirements dictate.
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI input and output capability
- HD/SD compliant SDI bypass relay (only available with APM6803+RLYT)
- Eight AES inputs and eight AES outputs
- Virtual audio stream interface for simplified configuration and control
- Multichannel audio system supporting up to 4 independent output streams
- Dual Dolby® Digital (AC-3) and Dolby® E encoders and decoders
- DTS Neural Loudness Control on each output stream
- Dual Surround Sound processors for implementing DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix, DownMix and MultiMerge
- Surround Field Protection using DTS Neural Surround™ MultiMerge ensures smooth, consistent Surround Sound output, while input switches between stereo and surround sound sources
- Dynamic DTS license allocation
- Two individual metadata generators
- Intelligent metadata processing
- Dialnorm Translator
- Each output individually configurable for EAS (Emergency Alert System) override
- Voice Over mixing functionality configurable with each individual AES input
- Full-featured Imagine frame sync technology
- Automatic audio/video delay alignment for consistent lip synchronization
- Automation control for dynamic on-air changes to loudness control profile
- Seamless sound maintains AES embedded audio on loss of SDI input
- Custom Surround Sound and Loudness Control Presets
- Custom GPI and parameter scripting support
- Q-SEE™-compliant thumbnails and alarms