The 7880DM series is a complete hardware based solution for demodulating digital terrestrial ATSC/8VSB/ ISDB-Tb, QAM/ DVBC/ DVB-C2 cable signals DTV signals or digital DVB-S/S2 satellite signals. With a modular form-factor, the 7880DM represents one of the highest density and most flexible solutions in the industry.
Applications include signal reception for satellite, cable, DTH and IPTV providers, or any other small to large head-end operators who need to receive and distribute local content. The 7880DM can provide ASI and IP output, ideal for turnaround, transcoding, transporting, monitoring or other applications where the received signal remains in the compressed domain. For baseband output, the demodulator may be coupled with an Evertz decoder module, providing a full receiver solution.( for more info, check CRP-9000 platform for SDI decoding)
Monitoring parameters such as EsNo, RF Power, MER, BER and packet errors present a convenient solution for broadcasters and cable companies who wish to not only receive, but also remotely monitor signal quality. These parameters as well as full control of the demodulator are relayed over SNMP, for convenient remote access using Evertz' own VistaLINK® PRO SNMP monitoring and control package.
- Modular design, allowing flexible configurations along with easy system reconfiguration and service
- Up to four units may be mounted in the 7801FR 1RU chassis, capable of receiving 16 signals in 1RU
- Up to fourteen units may be mounted in the 7800FR 3RU chassis, capable of receiving 56 signals in 3RU
- Local control panel option available in 1RU frame
- Remote control panel option available in 3RU frame
- Future-proof with upgrade paths to support future modulation technologies.
- Standard support for advanced modulation schemes, including DVB-S2 with 16APSK and 32APSK ( 7880DM-LB version)
- SMPTE 2022-1 and -2 compliant multiple TSoIP outputs per tuner
- Signal quality monitoring, including MER, BER and TR101- P1 errors
- Standard support for advanced transport stream processing including service filtering and output bitrate control
- Control through web-browser or SNMP using third-party application or Evertz 'own SNMP control and monitoring software
- Supports on-board Input auto-failover between various inputs including RF/ ASI/ or IP inputs