The 7800MDM-12G is a bi-directional multiplexer/de-multiplexer for converting UHD signals between quad-link 3G and 12G-SDI. Being able to do transformations in both directions, and taking only a single slot in a 7800 series frame, provides the high density broadcasters need during the transition phase to 12G-SDI.
- Converts between 12G (SMPTE ST 2082) SDI and Quad-Link 3G SDI
- Support for Level A and B 3G-SDI presented as both Quad-Division and 2sI UHD signals
- Bi-directional - a single card can be used to wrap a device with both inputs and outputs
- Modular and front accessible - can be hot-swapped without decabling
- High Density - bi-directional conversion on a single-slot card, 14 cards per frame
- Dual 12G-SDI input (software selectable as to source) and dual 12G outputs for signal distribution when equipped with optional second input SFP