The Videotek® VSG-4TCG time code generator inputs time information from various sources, including Linear Time Code (LTC), Vertical Interval Time Code (VITC), Digital Vertical Interval Time Code (DVITC), Ancillary Time Code (ATC), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP), Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, and local time (internal Generator). The module's internal timing engine processes the incoming reference information, makes appropriate conversions to a different time code format, and maintains a consistent time code which is used to drive the module's outputs.
Using a combination of parameters such as DST rules and offset values, the VSG-4TCG can be configured to convert incoming International Atomic Time (TAI) to other time code formats. This time is then distributed to the SDI and LTC outputs as time and date information.
Time code generators and readers are used in Production, Post production and Telecine transfer operations. Every studio or OB van, every post production facility and every telecine installation needs a time code generator to ensure proper operation.
If GPS lock time and date are required, the optional GPS-3903-2 with serial data time and date outputs is recommended.
- IEEE-1588 PTP compliant
- 3G/HD/SD input/output capabilities
- 2K input/output capabilities
- One LTC input (selectable from either unbalanced input or differential input)
- One LTC output (distributed to two unbalanced and one differential output)
- Read VITC from Bi-level (color black, black burst) reference input
- Read Ancillary Time Code (ATC) from 3G/HD/SD-SDI input
- Read D-VITC from SD-SDI input
- Conversion from time source inputs (LTC/VITC/D-VITC/ATC/GPS/NTP/PTP/local time) to time generator outputs (LTC/DVITC/ATC)
- Jam sync to any time source input
- Supports special continuous jam mode
- GPI: Two inputs, two outputs
- Converts between drop and non-drop frame time code
- On-screen display windows for generator time and user bits (burn-in)
- On-screen display windows for reader time and user bits (burn-in)
- Independently position and enable on-screen windows
- IP connectivity with a built-in web server for control and monitoring