Combining baseband video and audio processing, compression and IP networking features in a single, space-saving modular platform, the Selenio MCP3 now offers best-in-class uncompressed-over-IP functionality.
The new multichannel uncompressed-over-IP module provides uncompressed signal transmission at high bitrates and quality for superior editable video, and is especially well-suited to low-latency broadcast contribution applications such as sports, live events and studio-to-studio production. Supporting real-time transport of *3G/HD/SD and IP, this new card enables high-density, multichannel uncompressed over IP in a single-slot solution that provides up to 112 UCIP channels in the Selenio MCP3 platform.
The Selenio UCIP module is a multichannel encapsulate/de-capsulate over IP solution, offering real-time, high-quality transport of uncompressed-over IP-signals. It is available in multiple channel combinations for *3G/HD/SD-SDI signal support, as well as up to 8x independent unidirectional SDI channels in multiple combinations for Transmit (SDI -> IP) or Receive (IP -> SDI) modes, on a single module.
An ideal solution for video contribution applications over IP networks, the module harnesses the power of the Selenio media convergence platform, which offers higher density, enhanced redundancy schemes, an easy-to-use interface and low total cost of ownership. The platform’s flexible, expandable design enables customers to mix and match UCIP, JPEG-2000 and H.264/MPEG-2 functionality, as well as other Selenio processing capabilities, in the same frame for a future-proof solution.
- Supports bidirectional, multichannel transport of HD/SD-SDI video signals over 10GigbE link on a single slot module in Selenio MCP platform
- Supports SMPTE 2022-5 Forward Error Correction for protection against packet losses created by occasional network errors
- Supports SMPTE 2022-6 RTP transport over 10 GigE IP links
- Supports SMPTE 2022-7 seamless protection specification
- Eight configurable input/output HD-BNC connectors
- Transmits (SDI -> IP) up to four streams simultaneously and Receives (IP -> SDI) up to four streams simultaneously within the limits of available I/O connectors and bandwidth on the Ethernet link
- Capable of up to six receives and two transmit configurations on SEL-8UCIP
- Frame syncing of the output SDI signals (Receive side), including audio sample rate conversion to the frame reference
- Supports thumbnail monitoring of video input or output ports
- Supports clean switching between input video on IP sources. Pass-through of all SDI audio
- Supports additional Selenio SDI input/output via the frame's internal video cross-point
- Dual-network interfaces supporting 10GbE SFP+
- Auto-detect, status and monitoring of the SDI input standard
- Supports Unicast and Multicast transmission
- Supports up to 8 VLANs in total on module external interfaces
- Synchronizes up to eight stereo pairs of input audio per video stream
- Supports different modes of frame synchronization to the frame reference
- Sample-rate conversion to maintain sync on PCM signals
- Supports RP168-2009 standard switching between two SDI sources for the downstream devices for seamless change
- Software key-upgradeable between the different channel options
- VANC data drop/repeat with video sync events
- Supports Service Manager, Reservation-Based Scheduling and Management application
- Supports Selenio standard software upgrade method
- Supports full redundancy schemes provided in Selenio platform, N+M, N+1, 1+1 and more