Nexio® InstantOnline™ (IOL) is an automatic conforming engine that enables edit decision lists (EDLs), projects and timelines from Imagine Communications Velocity™ editing systems, Apple® Final Cut Pro® sequences and media files to be conformed into high-resolution clips.
This content is stored on the Nexio® shared storage system and is immediately available for play to air as soon as the conform process begins — enabling a highly efficient workflow and the creation of broadcast-ready content from EDLs faster than real time.
InstantOnline is a third-generation specialty server commonly used with the Nexio® Global Proxy low-resolution system. Tight integration between InstantOnline™ and Velocity PRX™ proxy editors allows for direct timeline conforming and proxy creation at the push of a button. Voiceovers, timelines and EDLs created on the proxy editors are seamlessly conformed to high-resolution clips and are immediately ready for playback. With InstantOnline, proxy editor users also gain a real-time monitor showing current status of all timelines and voiceovers being conformed.
Extremely versatile, InstantOnline can conform EDLs into clips containing both metadata and essence from any low-resolution browser that adopts the Imagine Communications EDL standard. It can also directly conform high-resolution timelines and projects from Velocity ESX™ on-SAN editors — as well as from Final Cut Pro® workstations (when used in conjunction with the Nexio® FCP Integration Gateway). This ability eliminates the need to process the final output from the editing workstation, allowing the editor to move quickly to the next time-critical project.
In addition to conforming, InstantOnline provides a quick and efficient method for importing content onto the Nexio SAN. Media copied to an InstantOnline watch folder is automatically imported directly to the SAN, where it can be edited or instantly sent to air. The system accepts a multitude of file types from third-party applications and devices.
Nexio LLM software manages real-time transactions, status updates and RAIDsoft™, the patented and award-winning Imagine Communications software RAID and disk storage management system.
InstantOnline features a client application that connects and communicates with the InstantOnline server to monitor and manage EDLs, media files and timeline processing.
- Creates broadcast-ready video clips from EDLs faster than real time
- Conforms projects and timelines from Imagine Communications Velocity editing systems, Apple® Final Cut Pro® sequences and an array of
- multi-media files
- Creates simultaneous Global Proxy low-resolution file during output of a high-resolution clip
- Makes clips available for playback as soon as conforming begins
- Supports voice-overs recorded at the user’s desktop
- Supports prioritization of EDLs waiting to be conformed
- Integrates directly with Velocity PRX proxy editors
- Integrates optionally with Velocity ESX, Velocity XNG and Final Cut Pro®
- Integrates optionally with Invenio® Motion for advanced multi-site workflows
- Supports all transitions, effects and audio controls from Velocity PRX, Velocity ESX and Velocity XNG
- Supports basic wipes, dissolves and multi-track audio with levels, fades and panning from Final Cut Pro®
- Supports all file formats of Nexio servers and Velocity editors
- Accepts a multitude of media file types for direct importation via watch folder
- Supports multiple InstantOnline servers running simultaneously in a single Nexio domain
- Allows the management of all InstantOnline applications from one user interface
- Supports 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel interface connection to shared storage