The HMX6801+ series of embedders for the 6800+™ core processing platform auto-senses an HD or SD-SDI video input and embeds up to four balanced or unbalanced AES/EBU inputs into any or all of the four audio groups.
Part of the 6800+ platform, there embedder modules accommodate all common 1080, 720 and 1035 interlaced and progressive HD video standards. The highest audio quality is maintained with 24-bit operation, making this series ideal for any broadcast/professional installation.
The embedders provide extensive flexibility in audio group configuration, with all four groups being accessible and any mix of input audio and/or test tones being supported. The groups can be configured completely independently of each other to finely tailor the embedded audio, as well as the dedicated AES output audio (+B2/C2), to meet specific needs. Users can accommodate multiple languages and address audio channel issues such as wrong audio, poor audio, swap audio channels, sum channels, send left-to-both or right-to-both and more. The modules also pass compressed audio such as Dolby® E.
The HMX6801+ modules can be controlled manually via card-edge controls, or controlled and monitored via the CCS Navigator™ software application, HTTP web browser, NUCLEUS™ hardware control panels or third-party SNMP-based control applications. The modules are Q-SEE™-compliant, allowing for direct thumbnail monitoring when installed in an Ethernet-equipped 6800+ frame.
Three HD/SD-SDI outputs
Full flexibility in selecting any mix of input audio channel(s) for embedding into any or all groups, including channel summation or audio test tones
- 16-, 20- or 24-bit audio processing
- Audio processing amplification with controls for delay, gain, invert, mute, channel embedding, fade and dithering
- Programmable input audio delays from 0 to 1320 ms
- Non-PCM (pulse code modulation) user setting enables passing of compressed audio such as Dolby® E (by channel pair)
- Four internal audio test tones: 750 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, 6 kHz
- In the event of input video disruption, user selection to pass or mute the embedded audio
- Card-edge LEDs indicate video signal presence and module setup/status
- Up to 10 modules in a single 2RU frame
- One HD or SD-SDI input with auto-detection of any SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M-C video standards
- Input status feedback indicating video standard and audio group presence
- Four AES inputs