Release your video productions from the technical and physical limitations of standard broadcast infrastructures. Easily transition to video over IP with NDI, NewTek’s innovative NDI (Network Device Interface) technology, and ready-to-use software enabling interconnected production workflows.
NDI version 3 supports all modern operating systems (Windows®, Linux®, macOSTM) and mobile devices, the latter making NDI the first software IP video production standard to fully embrace the mobile market. NDI uses about 1/15th of the bandwidth of other IP standards, allowing it to run on existing network infrastructure.
NDI version 2 will include a high performance codec that is resolution independent and supports alpha channel and bit-depths up to 16 bits per pixel. NDI version 2 is generationally lossless meaning that loss only occurs in the first generation of video and all subsequent re-compression steps are lossless. On an Intel® i7 CPU, NDI version 2 delivers the highest quality and best performance in any IP standard and will encode 1080p at 2200 frames per second (fps), 4k at 780fps, and 8k at 210fps. It will also include 16 or more channels of floating point audio at any sample rate, bi-directional communication with up-stream and down-stream meta-data support, and support for mobile devices in addition to shipping an SDK for iOS. NDI version 2 will also have cross subnet support to address large installation routing and security concerns, integrated fail-over support, and network-based video routing support.
NewTek NDI version 2 will be available in Q4 2016.
- Multicast Support with Forwards Error Correction: A single NDI source can now serve any number of destinations, limited only by network infrastructure. Multicast now supplements unicast support, enabling the best mode of operation to be implemented as app
- High Efficiency Mode – NDI|HX: Full resolution, full frame-rate video suitable for limited bandwidth wireless, remote, and large scale networks
- Pan / Tilt / Zoom camera support: 1) Standardizes video, audio, tally and camera control, providing the most convenient PTZ control configuration experience imaginable, 2)Eliminates the need for separate control devices
- Improved Encoding Performance: Encodes on a modern i7-based machine at rates similar to those listed here >> 8K at 320fps, 4K at 1000fps, 1080p at 2500fps
- Available as an easy-to-use SDK that can be downloaded and integrated into any application
- Customers will benefit from the release of NDI 3.0 with products from BirdDog, Bluefish444, Microsoft Skype, NewBlueFX, OBS, Panasonic, PTZOptics, SplitmediaLabs – XSplit, Broadcast Pix, Ross Video, Telestream Wirecast and Gameshow, vMix, NewTek and many