MDS is an encoding and streaming platform for local and global media distribution merging NewTek’s industry-leading live production technology with the powerful, proven Wowza Streaming Engine™.
Fully equipped for existing and emerging SDI, IP, and hybrid workflows, the MDS is a real-time media encoding and live streaming video delivery platform for up to 4 channels of video. Streaming sources are acquired through direct, physical input using 3G/HD/SD-SDI hardware connections, over IP via NDI, and from other sources, including TCP/IP, webcams, and USB capture devices, with support for delivery to any device, anywhere through the Wowza Streaming Engine, as well as all common streaming services, websites and CDNs. Local input sources are also automatically translated to NDI within the system, enabling streaming sources to be delivered and deployed through multiple MDS units to maximize resources, performance, and delivery potential.
- Seamless integration into existing and emerging SDI, IP, and hybrid workflows with 3G/HD/SD-SDI and NDI connectivity; flawless, multi-format processing enabling supported source types to be used interchangeably; accommodation of TCP/IP, webcams, and USB capture devices as input sources; and automatic internal translation of local input sources to NDI, enabling streaming signals to be shared over the network with other systems and devices
- Flexible delivery with the built-in Wowza Streaming Engine supporting LAN, WAN, CDN and Cloud-based workflows; per-channel configuration supporting Wowza-based streaming targets and all common streaming services, websites and CDNs, including Facebook Live, Microsoft Azure, Wowza and YouTube Live; and NDI-based signal sharing between multiple MDS units
- Customizable viewer experience with per-channel webpage for audience viewing, with support for HTML and CSS editing, and embed codes
- User-friendly workflow including a dedicated multiviewer, per-channel color correction tools, integrated waveform and vectorscope displays, and independent multi-channel audio level control for each stream
- • Built-in Wowza Streaming Engine media server software
- • Integrated NDI technology supporting input and output over IP
- • 4 multi-format SDI inputs supporting up to 3G 1080p
- • 4 streaming channels
- • NewTek’s real-time video and audio production tools
- • Support for LAN, WAN, CDN, and Cloud-based workflows