ChronoSculpt is a powerful new stand-alone application that revolutionizes working with animation and dynamic simulation cache files from any application by allowing you to use sculpting and transformation tools over time. ChronoSculpt also introduces a radical new geometry engine based on our “Hydra” technology which allows the deformation and manipulation of 8 to 10 million polygon objects with ease.
Using industry standard vertex cache files in Alembic, LightWave MDD, or Autodesk Geometry Cache formats you can easily paint out errors on your dynamic simulations or even completely change the look of a character either with layered sculpting “clips” in the timeline or globally to affect every frame in your cache animation.
ChronoSculpt also allows you to export any frame from your sculpt or deformation directly to a LightWave Endomorph or OBJ object file (for blend shapes in Autodesk Maya).
ChronoSculpt could potentially save you hours of work by allowing you to quickly make changes to the baked dynamic simulation cache files to address simulation jitter, soft body penetrations, or to remove stray simulation pieces and get the shot out the door.
- Revolutionary time sculpting
- Quickly and easily remove dynamics simulation errors, and jitters to sculpt deformations on cache files from most 3D software programs
- Sculpting Tools
- Use tools like sculpt, drag, pinch and erase to deform and manipulate geometry over time
- Transform Tools
- Edit individual geometry over time within a dynamics simulation cache, using tools like Transform, Pin, and Bulge to complete projects quickly
- Enhanced Geometry Engine
- Handle massive geometry files, 8 to 10 million polygon objects can be edited with ease.
- Universal File Support
- ChronoSculpt supports LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, Autodesk Geometry Cache, and Alembic for easy integration into all software pipelines
- OBJ Blend Shape and Endomorph Export
- Easily save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ for Maya Blend Shapes or as an Endomorph directly to LightWave object files to create facial morph targets and deformation effects
- Clip Timeline
- Quickly reposition and adjust the length of your 'sculpts' anywhere in the timeline to get the perfect effect on your cache animations or make global changes that apply to the whole animation