Unit Combines Native File Recording with Real-Time Wireless Metadata Input
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (September 12, 2008) – JVC introduces the MR-HD100U hard disk drive (HDD) as part of its growing line-up of camera mounted media recorders. The company realizes that no single media is suitable for every application and is offering its customers several media recording options including tape, hard disk and solid state. The MR-HD100U is a 100GB Wi-Fi accessible hard disk drive that enables users to wirelessly log customized Metadata in real time while shooting in the field. As with all JVC media recorders in the ProHD line of products, it provides the fastest and most efficient shoot-to-air HD workflow in the industry with its native file recording capability.
- Through the use of any compatible wireless device, broadcast and video professionals can access the MR-HD100 to define metadata and assign it to video while recording. This capability saves hours spent reviewing, logging and tagging footage in post-production, further demonstrating JVC’s seamless shoot-to-air workflow.
- “Metadata input in the field has been long sought after in the professional production community. The MR-HD100 is a revolutionary device that brings this time-saving capability to the marketplace at an exceptionally low cost,” said Craig Yanagi, National Marketing Manager, Creation Products, JVC Professional Products Company. “Combined with JVC’s Native File Recording technology, the industry’s fastest and most efficient workflow has now become the most intuitive.”
- The MR-HD100 features an easy to use menu system and enables users to record in a wide range of HDV and DV formats. The MR-HD100 records natively as both .m2t file format and QuickTime .mov files in 720p24/25/30/50/60 and 1080i 50/60 frame rates, as well as .mxf 720p30 and 1080i 50/60 for Avid non-linear editing systems. By recording files in an editing-friendly native format, post-production can begin without file conversion, transcoding or rewrapping. With quick and seamless direct file access, the MR-HD100 is extremely beneficial for video production in time sensitive situations.
- The lightweight, portable MR-HD100 can be easily mounted to any of JVC’s award-winning ProHD Series of professional camcorders to provide extended recording times of up to 10 hours. ProHD camcorders are widely used in electronic news gathering (ENG) where high quality HD performance combined with a fast and seamless workflow is essential. JVC can uniquely offer its customers a choice of workflow options that include magnetic tape (built into the camera,) hard disk drive (now two models to choose from,) and solid state memory with the just announced KA-MR100G media recorder.
- The suggested list price of the MR-HD100 is $2,495 and is scheduled to ship this month. For more information about JVC’s MR-HD100, please visit JVC’s Web site at www.jvc.com/pro.
- ABOUT JVC PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS COMPANY
JVC Professional Products Company, located in Wayne, New Jersey, is a leading manufacturer of a complete line of broadcast, professional and security video equipment. For more information about this, or any other JVC Professional product, contact Candace Vadnais at PFS Marketwyse 973-812-8883, ext. 430 or visit JVC’s Web site at http://pro.jvc.com.