The DMF-RMC-4K-SFP is a fiber-based receiver designed to function as part of a Crestron® 4K video signal extender solution. It is used with a companion transmitter (DMF-TX-4K-SFP or DMCF-TX-4K-SFP) to support point-to-point signal extension, and may also be used to add 4K fiber input capability to a DigitalMedia™ switcher (see “DM® Switcher Integration” below for details). Its “DM IN” port allows for the insertion of an appropriate SFP+ transceiver module to enable compatibility with multimode or single-mode fiber. It also features a built-in 4K/60 scaler, HDMI® and analog audio outputs, a local HDMI input, IR and RS-232 control ports, and a gigabit Ethernet LAN port. Its compact, low-profile design allows the DMF-RMC-4K-SFP to be installed discreetly behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling mounted projector.
4K Ultra HD
The DMF-RMC-4K-SFP enables uncompressed 4K/60 video signal extension over fiber optic cable. Support for 4K video ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA. The DMF-RMC-4K-SFP can handle uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for Deep Color and HDCP 2.2. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM.
DM® Switcher Integration
The DMF-RMC-4K-SFP can be used to add a single 4K fiber input to a DM-MD series matrix switcher by simply connecting its HDMI output to any available HDMI input on the switcher. An Ethernet LAN connection is also required to enable communication with the associated control system.
SFP+ Configurable DM Port
The “DM IN” port on the DMF-RMC-4K-SFP is configurable using SFP+ transceiver modules to enable compatibility with multimode or single-mode fiber types.
Local HDMI® Input
In addition to its DM input port, the DMF-RMC-4K-SFP also includes an HDMI input, which can be used to connect any HD or 4K source. Switching between the DM and HDMI inputs can be done automatically using auto-switching mode, manually using the onboard input select button, or programmatically via a Crestron control system.
- Uncompressed 4K video signal extension over fiber optic cable
- Configurable for multimode or single-mode fiber using SFP+ transceiver modules
- Seamless integration with DM® switchers to enable 4k fiber input capability
- Built-in 4K/60 scaler
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio support
- HDMI® output
- Auto-switching HDMI input
- Balanced analog stereo audio output 
- Stereo HDMI-to-analog audio de-embedding
- IR and RS-232 device control ports
- CEC device control gateway
- Dynamic text overlay
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- Web browser setup
- 100-240V universal power pack included
- Compact, surface-mountable form factor
- Requires a DMF or DMCF series transmitter
- Supports duplex multimode fiber at up to 1000 ft (300 m) using OM3, or 1300 ft (400 m) using OM4