The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP is a fiber-based transmitter card designed to function as part of a Crestron® 4K video signal extender solution. It is used with a companion receiver (DMF-RMC-4K-SFP or DMCF-RX-4K-SFP ) to support point-to-point signal extension, and may also be used to add 4K fiber input capability to a DigitalMedia™ switcher (see “DM® Switcher Integration” below for details).
The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP installs in any slot of a DMF-CI-8 card chassis. Its “DM OUT” port allows for the insertion of an appropriate SFP+ transceiver module to enable compatibility with multimode or single-mode fiber. It also features two HDMI® inputs, one analog audio input, a local HDMI output, and a gigabit Ethernet LAN port.
4K Ultra HD
The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP enables uncompressed 4K/60 video signal extension over fiber optic cable. Support for 4K video ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA. The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP can handle uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for Deep Color and HDCP 2.2. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM.
DM® Switcher Integration
The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP works integrally with a DM-MD series matrix switcher to facilitate routing of 4K video and control signals over fiber optic cable. Setup requires simply installing the DMCF-TX-4K-SFP in a DMF-CI-8 card chassis and connecting its first HDMI input to an available HDMI output on the switcher. An Ethernet LAN connection is also required to enable communication with the associated control system.
SFP+ Configurable DM Port
The “DM OUT” port on the DMCF-TX-4K-SFP is configurable using SFP+ transceiver modules to enable compatibility with multimode or single-mode fiber types.
2x1 HDMI® Auto-Switcher
The DMCF-TX-4K-SFP includes two HDMI inputs for the connection of HD and 4K sources. Switching between the HDMI inputs can be performed automatically using auto-switching mode or programmatically via a Crestron control system.
- Uncompressed 4K video signal extension over fiber optic cable
- Configurable for multimode or single-mode fiber using SFP+ transceiver modules 
- Seamless integration with DM® switchers to enable 4k fiber output capability
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio support
- Two auto-switching HDMI® inputs
- Balanced analog stereo audio input
- Stereo analog-to-HDMI audio embedding
- Local HDMI output
- CEC device control gateway
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- Web browser setup
- Occupies one card slot of a DMF-CI-8
- Requires a DMF or DMCF series receiver
- Supports simplex single-mode fiber at up to 6.2 miles (10 km) using ITU-T G.652.D fiber, Crestron model CRESFIBER8G-SM-P or equivalent