The DM-RX1-4K-C-1G provides a simple, cost-effective interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+™ receiver, providing a single HDMI® output. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to an HDBaseT certified source. Its 1-gang mountable design allows the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G to be flush mounted behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling mounted projector. It can also be mounted beneath a table or attached to a suitable flat surface using the mounting bracket provided. It connects to the head end or source location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. Standard gang-box mounting allows for installation adjacent to an Ethernet jack (Crestron MP-WP183 or equivalent) for a total connectivity solution.
4K Ultra HD
Crestron DigitalMedia continues to advance the standard for digital AV signal distribution, delivering the world’s first end-to-end 4K system solution. The DM-RX1-4K-C-1G features the latest DM 8G+ technology, providing support for the transport of 4K and Ultra HD video signals. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ input, the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source without requiring a DM transmitter.
Multimedia Display Interface
A single HDMI digital AV output port is provided on the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G for connection to a display or other device. The HDMI output can also handle DVI signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G to a DM switcher or transmitter, or to an HDBaseT source, transporting video, audio, control, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection.[1,4] Multiple DM-RX1-4K-C-1Gs may be installed to handle each display in a multiroom distribution system, all fed from a central DM-MD series switcher. Or, a single DM-RX1-4K-C-1G can be fed straight from a DM 8G+ or HDBaseT transmitter, affording a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display.
CEC Embedded Device Control
For controlling the connected display device, the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G offers an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many display devices can be controlled right through their HDMI connections, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
USB Signal Extension (optional)
DigitalMedia allows for the routing of USB signals alongside video and audio. USB signal extension is enabled on the DM-RX1-4K-C-1G by adding a USB-EXT-DM USB over Ethernet Extender Module.
Versatile Mounting Options
The DM-RX1-4K-C-1G is designed to be installed using a 3-1/2” deep 1-gang electrical box or plaster ring (not included). It can also be mounted beneath a table or attached to a suitable flat surface using the mounting bracket provided, or it can be fastened to a single rack rail in an equipment cabinet.
- Cost-effective DigitalMedia 8G+™ receiver
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD® and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e
- Enables device control via CEC
- Compatible with USB-EXT-DM USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)
- 1-gang wall box mount design
- Surface mount bracket included
- Available in white or black finish